At the Forefront of Fund Administration
Since 2002, PEF Services has been at the forefront of fund administration. Combining our world-class services, technology and expert staff, we have helped 100+ General Partners of every size, type and investment strategy to reduce and control operating costs, elevate service levels to their investors, streamline operations, improve focus on strategic initiatives and achieve sustainable growth. As part of our service to our clients, we report to more than 4,000 investors.
We offer strategic, high-touch services that streamline and enhance the administration of illiquid alternative assets to enable firms to increase operational efficiency, scale operations swiftly, and deliver a new level of service to their investors.
With extensive experience in highly regulated and specialized fund areas, we find creative, tailored solutions to complex challenges for General Partners and their management companies.
Download The Brochure for more information on PEF’s Fund Administration services. See how we help our clients enhance control, visibility, and decision making.
General Partner Entities
PEF offers a complete, outsourced fund administration solution for General Partner entities that includes fund accounting, financial reporting, and capital management.
- Review cash activity, reconcile to supporting documentation and record transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Record valuation and other adjustments
- Prepare quarterly accounting reports including: trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, general ledger and journal entries
- Prepare and distribute 1099s
- Maintain support schedules for partner allocations and distribution waterfall
- Prepare and distribute annual capital account statements
- Monitor capital needs in conjunction with the General Partner
- Allocate capital call and distribution amounts to each investor
- Prepare and distribute call and distribution notices
- Monitor receipts for capital calls and payments for distributions
Fund Administration Outsourcing
As recent as two decades ago, few firms outside of the hedge fund market would have considered outsourcing fund administration. But as industry pressures have transformed this back-office function, outsourced fund administration has become a viable option for funds of every size and type, including venture, buyout, debt, real estate, SPVs, fund of funds, and more.
This white paper examines some of the top considerations informing the decision to outsource fund administration, provides key criteria to apply to the task of selecting a fund administrator, and provides a useful checklist for evaluating the capabilities and cultural fit of shortlisted fund administration partners.
Benefits of Outsourcing Private Equity
In the past decade, the private capital industry has changed—and grown—dramatically.
As the pace of change accelerates, a growing number of investment firms of every size and type are rethinking their back-office strategy...and turning to outsourced fund administration.