At the Forefront of Fund Administration
Since 2002, PEF Services has been at the forefront of fund administration. Combining our world-class services, technology and expert staff, we have helped 100+ General Partners of every size, type and investment strategy to reduce and control operating costs, elevate service levels to their investors, streamline operations, improve focus on strategic initiatives and achieve sustainable growth. As part of our service to our clients, we report to more than 4,000 investors.
Download The Brochure for more information on PEF’s Fund Administration services. See how we help our clients enhance control, visibility, and decision making.
PEF Services delivers cost-effective, best-in-class solutions to Funds and General Partnerships, including Buyout, Venture, Emerging Managers, Real Estate, Debt, Fund of Funds, Co-investment, SPVs and SBIC funds. We offer a complete range of services including partnership accounting, financial reporting, capital call and distribution processing, investor capital account maintenance, treasury, audit and tax support, and coordinated fulfillment of all investor deliverables.
Our high-touch, responsive service model is founded on three key elements. We start by leading you through an onboarding process that has been refined over the years to maximize efficiency, ease, and transparency. Next, we assemble a hand-picked team that gives you access to senior-level expertise at all times. And, we support the engagement with a mix of proprietary and industry-standard technologies that deliver a new level of visibility and analytic insight into your portfolio. Our approach to fund administration combines exceptional teams, proven processes, and industry-leading technology.
We manage the day-to-day books and records for all types of private capital firms, including Funds and General Partnerships.
- Review cash activity, reconcile to supporting documentation and record transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare checks, wires and ACH transactions
- Calculate management fees
- Record accrued/prepaid income/expenses and other adjustments (e.g. PIK, OID)
- Maintain support schedules for receivables and accruals and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Maintain support schedules for portfolio company loans, interest receivables and income and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Record valuation adjustments
- Prepare accounting reports including: trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, general ledger and journal entries
- Prepare and distribute 1099s
We manage complex private-capital fund reporting and make reports and statements available to your investors through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Maintain support schedules for partner allocations and distribution waterfall
- Prepare and distribute quarterly capital account statements
We monitor and manage the capital needs of your funds, from allocating capital calls to preparing and distributing notices. Our team takes over this time-consuming and labor-intensive process and ensures you’re prepared to meet your financial obligations.
- Monitor capital needs in conjunction with the General Partner
- Allocate capital call and distribution amounts to each investor
- Prepare and distribute call and distribution notices
- Monitor receipts for capital calls and payment for distributions
Administration & Compliance
We reduce the burden on your staff by assuming responsibility for all record-keeping, audit, and review processes. We use proven methods, technologies, and expertise to improve operational effectiveness, contain costs, and improve accuracy.
- Prepare for and manage year-end audit, including audit schedules and auditor inquiries
- Establish/review accounting, filing and record keeping systems
- Prepare and maintain files for financial reporting, communications with partners, audits and capital management
- Review valuation documentation and procedures
We manage investor communications – including capital calls, distributions, and financial statements – through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Coordinate fulfillment of all investor deliverables
- Administer and maintain PEF’s Investor Portal, including uploading documents and notifying investors
- Maintain investor and related contact data
- Assist with and provide timely responses to investor inquiries
- Provide regulatory and compliance support, including AML/KYC
Fund Administration Outsourcing
As recent as two decades ago, few firms outside of the hedge fund market would have considered outsourcing fund administration. But as industry pressures have transformed this back-office function, outsourced fund administration has become a viable option for funds of every size and type, including venture, buyout, debt, real estate, SPVs, fund of funds, and more.
This white paper examines some of the top considerations informing the decision to outsource fund administration, provides key criteria to apply to the task of selecting a fund administrator, and provides a useful checklist for evaluating the capabilities and cultural fit of shortlisted fund administration partners.
Benefits of Outsourcing Private Equity
In the past decade, the private capital industry has changed—and grown—dramatically.
As the pace of change accelerates, a growing number of investment firms of every size and type are rethinking their back-office strategy...and turning to outsourced fund administration.