Private Equity Funds
Fund administration has evolved from a simple task to an intensive and complex activity requiring higher headcount, greater expertise, and sophisticated technological resources.
For nearly 20 years, PEF has worked with Private Equity Funds of all sizes and investment strategies, ranging from Emerging Managers and first time funds to those with billion-dollar commitments. We bring a mix of proven processes, flexible technology, and unmatched expertise to every engagement and help General Partners demonstrate the highest levels of transparency and professionalism to their investors.
Download The Brochure for more information on our outsourcing services for Private Equity Funds. See how we help our clients achieve a new standard of operational excellence.
We serve Private Equity Funds with a high-touch approach to service, and a best-of-breed technology platform to support you and your investors. PEF helps Private Equity Fund Managers meet complex fund reporting and compliance requirements confidently.
We manage the day-to-day books and records for all types of private capital firms, including Funds and General Partnerships.
- Review cash activity, reconcile to supporting documentation and record transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare checks, wires and ACH transactions
- Calculate management fees
- Record accrued/prepaid income/expenses and other adjustments (e.g. PIK, OID)
- Maintain support schedules for receivables and accruals and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Maintain support schedules for portfolio company loans, interest receivables and income and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Record valuation adjustments
- Prepare accounting reports including: trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, general ledger and journal entries
- Prepare and distribute 1099s
We manage complex private-capital fund reporting and make reports and statements available to your investors through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Maintain support schedules for partner allocations and distribution waterfall
- Prepare and distribute quarterly capital account statements
We monitor and manage the capital needs of your funds, from allocating capital calls to preparing and distributing notices. Our team takes over this time-consuming and labor-intensive process and ensures you’re prepared to meet your financial obligations.
- Monitor capital needs in conjunction with the General Partner
- Allocate capital call and distribution amounts to each investor
- Prepare and distribute call and distribution notices
- Monitor receipts for capital calls and payment for distributions
Administration & Compliance
We reduce the burden on your staff by assuming responsibility for all record-keeping, audit, and review processes. We use proven methods, technologies, and expertise to improve operational effectiveness, contain costs, and improve accuracy.
- Prepare for and manage year-end audit, including audit schedules and auditor inquiries
- Establish/review accounting, filing and record keeping systems
- Prepare and maintain files for financial reporting, communications with partners, audits and capital management
- Review valuation documentation and procedures
We manage investor communications – including capital calls, distributions, and financial statements – through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Coordinate fulfillment of all investor deliverables
- Administer and maintain PEF’s Investor Portal, including uploading documents and notifying investors
- Maintain investor and related contact data
- Assist with and provide timely responses to investor inquiries
- Provide regulatory and compliance support, including AML/KYC
Fund Administration Outsourcing
As recent as two decades ago, few firms outside of the hedge fund market would have considered outsourcing fund administration. But as industry pressures have transformed this back-office function, outsourced fund administration has become a viable option for funds of every size and type, including venture, buyout, debt, real estate, SPVs, fund of funds, and more.
This white paper examines some of the top considerations informing the decision to outsource fund administration, provides key criteria to apply to the task of selecting a fund administrator, and provides a useful checklist for evaluating the capabilities and cultural fit of shortlisted fund administration partners.
Benefits of Private Equity
Fund Administration Outsourcing
In the past decade, the private capital industry has changed—and grown—dramatically.
As the pace of change accelerates, a growing number of investment firms of every size and type are rethinking their back-office strategy…and turning to outsourced fund administration.