PEF specializes in working with emerging managers, including spin-out groups and first time funds. Combining our world-class services, technology platform, and unmatched expertise, we help emerging managers minimize costs, streamline operations and achieve sustainable growth.
Download The Brochure for more information on our fund administration services for Emerging Managers and see how we help our clients achieve a new standard of operational excellence.
We serve Emerging Managers with a high-touch approach to service, and a best-of-breed technology platform to support you and your investors. PEF helps Emerging Managers meet complex fund reporting and compliance requirements confidently.
We manage the day-to-day books and records for all types of private capital firms, including Funds and General Partnerships.
- Review cash activity, reconcile to supporting documentation and record transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare checks, wires and ACH transactions
- Calculate management fees
- Record accrued/prepaid income/expenses and other adjustments (e.g. PIK, OID)
- Maintain support schedules for receivables and accruals and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Maintain support schedules for portfolio company loans, interest receivables and income and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Record valuation adjustments
- Prepare accounting reports including: trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, general ledger and journal entries
- Prepare and distribute 1099s
We manage complex private-capital fund reporting and make reports and statements available to your investors through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Maintain support schedules for partner allocations and distribution waterfall
- Prepare and distribute quarterly capital account statements
We monitor and manage the capital needs of your funds, from allocating capital calls to preparing and distributing notices. Our team takes over this time-consuming and labor-intensive process and ensures you’re prepared to meet your financial obligations.
- Monitor capital needs in conjunction with the General Partner
- Allocate capital call and distribution amounts to each investor
- Prepare and distribute call and distribution notices
- Monitor receipts for capital calls and payment for distributions
Administration & Compliance
We reduce the burden on your staff by assuming responsibility for all record-keeping, audit, and review processes. We use proven methods, technologies, and expertise to improve operational effectiveness, contain costs, and improve accuracy.
- Prepare for and manage year-end audit, including audit schedules and auditor inquiries
- Establish/review accounting, filing and record keeping systems
- Prepare and maintain files for financial reporting, communications with partners, audits and capital management
- Review valuation documentation and procedures
We manage investor communications – including capital calls, distributions, and financial statements – through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Coordinate fulfillment of all investor deliverables
- Administer and maintain PEF’s Investor Portal, including uploading documents and notifying investors
- Maintain investor and related contact data
- Assist with and provide timely responses to investor inquiries
- Provide regulatory and compliance support, including AML/KYC
Emerging Managers: Staying Lean and Nimble
The number of emerging managers has grown steadily over the past 20 years, and looking at their performance, it’s easy to see why. But as motivated as they are to invest, LPs are unwilling to compromise on matters of transparency and compliance.
This white paper touches on the top benefits emerging managers can realize from an outsourced solution and provides a set of key considerations and checklists to help them evaluate and select the right outsourcing partner.
For Emerging Managers, the Future is Bright
With a reputation for delivering above-average returns, emerging managers are attracting more LPs than ever before.
Partnering with a third-party fund administrator demonstrates your readiness to deliver the highest levels of compliance and transparency.