The majority of the funding for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) in the US originates with the capital markets through debt or equity issuance. Alternative lending not only addresses the needs of today’s businesses, it also aligns with the needs of today’s investor.
Whether the funds are characterized as mezzanine or distressed, PEF has helped a wide array of Debt Fund clients with our proven processes, flexible technology, and unmatched expertise to support funds of all sizes. We help firms from Emerging Managers and smaller funds to those with billion-dollar commitments, and help General Partners demonstrate the highest levels of transparency and professionalism to their investors.
Leveraging nearly 20 years of experience in alternative asset specialty areas, we help debt fund managers transform their back office into a center of excellence by seamlessly upgrading the quality, breadth, depth, and timeliness of investor information.
Download The Brochure for more information on our Fund Administration services and see how we help our clients achieve a new standard of operational excellence.
We serve Debt Fund Managers with a high-touch approach to service, and a best-of-breed technology platform to support you and your investors. PEF helps Debt Fund Managers meet complex fund reporting and compliance requirements confidently.
We manage the day-to-day books and records for all types of private capital firms, including Funds and General Partnerships.
- Review cash activity, reconcile to supporting documentation and record transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare checks, wires and ACH transactions
- Calculate management fees
- Record accrued/prepaid income/expenses and other adjustments (e.g. PIK, OID)
- Maintain support schedules for receivables and accruals and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Maintain support schedules for portfolio company loans, interest receivables and income and reconcile to cash received/disbursed
- Record valuation adjustments
- Prepare accounting reports including: trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, general ledger and journal entries
- Prepare and distribute 1099s
We manage complex private-capital fund reporting and make reports and statements available to your investors through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Maintain support schedules for partner allocations and distribution waterfall
- Prepare and distribute quarterly capital account statements
We monitor and manage the capital needs of your funds, from allocating capital calls to preparing and distributing notices. Our team takes over this time-consuming and labor-intensive process and ensures you’re prepared to meet your financial obligations.
- Monitor capital needs in conjunction with the General Partner
- Allocate capital call and distribution amounts to each investor
- Prepare and distribute call and distribution notices
- Monitor receipts for capital calls and payment for distributions
Administration & Compliance
We reduce the burden on your staff by assuming responsibility for all record-keeping, audit, and review processes. We use proven methods, technologies, and expertise to improve operational effectiveness, contain costs, and improve accuracy.
- Prepare for and manage year-end audit, including audit schedules and auditor inquiries
- Establish/review accounting, filing and record keeping systems
- Prepare and maintain files for financial reporting, communications with partners, audits and capital management
- Review valuation documentation and procedures
We manage investor communications – including capital calls, distributions, and financial statements – through our secure, proprietary ViewPoint™ investor portal.
- Coordinate fulfillment of all investor deliverables
- Administer and maintain PEF’s Investor Portal, including uploading documents and notifying investors
- Maintain investor and related contact data
- Assist with and provide timely responses to investor inquiries
- Provide regulatory and compliance support, including AML/KYC
Debt Fund Administration
In the past decade, the opportunities for private debt have grown significantly. Today, the majority of the funding for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) in the US originates with the capital markets through debt or equity issuance. The white paper examines some of the trends and considerations that debt fund managers need to be aware of as they prepare for the future.
This white paper examines some of the trends and considerations that debt fund managers need to be aware of as they prepare for the future.
Benefits of Outsourcing Private Equity
In the past decade, the private capital industry has changed—and grown—dramatically.
As the pace of change accelerates, a growing number of investment firms of every size and type are rethinking their back-office strategy...and turning to outsourced fund administration.